HRH Global Resource Center July Newsletter
Welcome to the HRH Global Resource Center Newsletter. This newsletter provides information on the latest resources, improvements and news from this digital library devoted to human resources for health (HRH) (http://www.hrhresourcecenter.org/).
Please contact us with your questions and suggested resources (http://www.hrhresourcecenter.org/contact_us).
* News articles this month include:
- MCAI offers maternal health hospital manuals for free
- Call for Abstracts Extended for Social Work Conference
* Resource Spotlights include:
- State of the Social Service Workforce 2015 Report: A Multi-Country Review
- Does mHealth Contribute to Improved Care for People with Non-Communicable Diseases in Developing Countries?
* Open Access publications we’re currently reading:
- African Journal of Biomedical Research
The role of this journal is to serve as a conduit for academic and professional media, covering all research findings within the biomedical sciences including the allied health fields and to put to test the alliance between the private non-governmental sector and members of the academic community in their quest to propagate knowledge.
- African Journal of Health Professions Education
An online, bi-annual, peer-reviewed journal that covers matters related to education for health professionals.
* Interesting blog posts (old and new)
- How HR “best practices” Kill Innovation
Did you ever notice that Human Resource (HR) practices are designed to lock-in the past rather than grow?
- Guess Who Doesn’t Fit In at Work
Across cultures and industries, managers strongly prize “cultural fit” — the idea that the best employees are like-minded. [But cultural fit] has shifted from systematic analysis of who will thrive in a given workplace to snap judgments by managers about who they’d rather hang out with. In the process, fit has become a catchall used to justify hiring people who are similar to decision makers and rejecting people who are not.
* The GRC currently has 4,817 resources. You can see all of the latest additions on our Latest Resources Page (http://www.hrhresourcecenter.org/latest_resources).
* Sign up to get monthly updates on the latest tools, approaches and resources from CapacityPlus, the USAID-funded global project focused on the strengthening the health workforce.
*HRH Global Resource Center*
A digital library devoted to human resources for health (HRH)
We welcome your feedback and contributions (http://www.hrhresourcecenter.org/contact_us)
* Global Health Workforce Alliance Knowledge Centre (http://www.hrhresourcecenter.org/about#ghwa)
* Human Resources for Health Knowledge Hub (http://www.hrhresourcecenter.org/about#hrhkh)
* CHW Central
The HRH Global Resource Center is a knowledge management service of CapacityPlus, a partnership led by IntraHealth International. This e-newsletter is made possible by the generous support of the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The contents are the responsibility of CapacityPlus and do not necessarily reflect the views of USAID or the United States Government.